Monday, August 13, 2007

Get a Life Puttrboy!!

Now, a word to those of you who are muttering "golf every day"? "Get at life!! " I know you are out there, my ears are ringing. So grit your teeth and read on.

As I write this, its 10:20 am. I have just finished playing 18 holes. A bit earlier than normal but not unusual. Most days I am home well before 11am. So, for this retiree, there is a full day ahead to pursue my many and varied
interests, intellectual of course. I will discuss this in a future blog, if I ever get off this golf kick.

First things first . There are the mundane chores. The cleaning lady comes tomorrow. I need to clean up for her. One day I will write a book about cleaning up for the cleaning lady. Its a pain and nobody talks about this stuff. Then there is the coffee. I prepared tomorrows coffee this morning before I left for the links. Unfortunately, the machine was still on and I forgot to set the timer. So tomorrows coffee perked a tad early-- like today. Its not the first time. I'm inclined to screw up like this on occassion. And that may explain why the lady who lives with me, my significant other if you will, is a cat. Her name is Scruffy, and, unlike some people I know, she has a boundless capacity for uncondtional love.

I need to rest. It's still early, so I have time for a pre-nap nap.

Please come back.

No comments: