Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Retiree leading the good life


My good friend Ginny is the inspiration for this attempt at a blog. While I expect to live forever, my memory apparently has a shorter lifespan. So this an effort to share what I do remember, with my kids, their kids, and anyone else who cares.

I saw an ad the other day for banking services. It highlighted a guy saying to his banker " I want to play golf
every day". Guess what--I'm the guy!!! In 1992 I retired after more than 40 years employment in the broadcast news business. Ten minutes later, my wife Ellen and I were on the road to our favorite spot in the whole world, Pinehurst, North Carolina.

So if I have your attention, , you are either a golf nut, a relative, friend, just plain nuts, or one or more of the above. I am all of the above. A complete golf nut ,happly enjoying life in golf heaven--corny but true. Stay tuned while I figure out how to get this thing on the internet. Lots more to come.

7 comments:

Ginnie said...

I knew you could do it and I love the way you write....can't wait for the next installment. Hugs, Ginnie

cameron said...

brands!!!!! I love your writing. Why don't you write a book when you're not on the course????
I could share some hilarious exploits of my dad's daily grind with dementia!!!!! (I am learning to laugh and not cry!) I will look forward to more blogs. :)

Anonymous said...

We miss you lots and this is such a wonderful way to hear what's going on in your life. Still laughing about the coffee - Mom would have told that story a hundred times! I will send the link to Tom and Tommy - Tom is saying he's going to get serious about golf again and maybe this will get him started. You must write about how you became such an AWESOME golfer - so we can all have hope.

cameron said...

hey brander, I love reading what you write because I feel like Im' with you and I miss seeing you and talking to you and laughing. Oh if I could only see/hear the Kareoke !!!! Please! Cameron

Anonymous said...

Well, hello, Bud....and welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!
I found my way here via Ginny. 'Fraid I'm not a golfer, but I live in Florida where golfing is King. Does that count?
I'll be back again to visit.

kenju said...

Hi, Puttrboy, Ginnie sent me! I was in your fair town yesterday, and I have a daughter who lives in Whispering Pines.

I'm weathering a bit of a storm at home right now, but I look forward to your posts and lovely photos!

Anonymous said...

So when do we get to read about the Snakelight? Hi from Laura and Steve and Joe and Kevin in Bethesda! This is GREAT, although I feel like mom trying to figure it out how it all works...anyway hope you get this message and glad to see/hear you having so much fun! TTYL - Laura